The logistics of seamless steel pipe
Packaging and transportation methods
1. Select the appropriate tool for loading and unloading
Pipes are mostly used in the construction and manufacturing industries. With the continuous improvement of industry standards, the requirements for pipes are gradually increased. There are also some polished pipes, which need special attention during the loading and unloading process. Generally, pipes are loaded and unloaded by means of hoisting. In order to prevent scratches, nylon belts or wire ropes with spacers should be used for hoisting. It is strictly forbidden for the wire ropes to directly contact the pipes.
2. The loading and unloading needs to be stable
During the loading and unloading process, the force should be applied steadily, and the lifting and lowering should be kept steady, and do not shake back and forth. Shaking from side to side will cause the pipes to collide and squeeze each other, causing wear and scratches to the surface. Load and unload in sequence to avoid forcibly lifting the lower pipe, resulting in impact and wear.
3. Conditional protection can be carried out separately
If conditions permit, each pipe should be individually packaged and wrapped with a simple spacer, which can effectively prevent mutual abrasion. Of course, some large pipes must be individually packaged, and should be operated in accordance with relevant requirements.
4. There are requirements for bundling when packing
The requirements for bundling work before transportation are very strict. Ordinary pipes are bundled and packaged. Pipes of the same type and specification should be bundled, and cannot be bundled together to avoid bundles of different types of pipes. And the weight of each bundle also has certain restrictions, mainly for the safety of transportation and loading.
5. Use as many strapping materials as possible
In order to ensure safety and prevent the pipes from colliding with each other due to loose bundles, strapping tapes should be used as required when bundling, and each bundle should reach a certain number, and tools such as snap rings should also be used between bundles to prevent transportation. Loose, fall off, and scratch the pipe.
6. Special pipes need to be packed in containers
Some seamless pipes and stainless steel pipes should be packed in wooden boxes or plastic boxes that meet the standard. Before packing, the boxes should be padded with foam, isolation quilts, etc. to avoid extrusion, and plastic cloths should be padded to prevent moisture. The boxes may be secured to prevent collisions from damaging the tubing.
7. The carriage is safe
Before loading, the body of the truck should be cleaned to ensure that there are no hard objects such as stones and iron blocks to avoid scratching the pipes. Sleepers should be placed at the bottom of the carriage, and spacers should be installed around the carriage to ensure that it is not damaged during transportation. In addition, the bundled and transported pipes should also be fixed around the carriage to avoid wear and tear caused by moving back and forth.
1. Select the appropriate site and warehouse
1) The site or warehouse for keeping steel shall be in a clean and well-drained place, far away from factories and mines that produce harmful gases or dust. Remove weeds and all debris from the site to keep the steel clean
2) In the warehouse shall not be stacked together with acid, alkali, salt, cement and other materials that are corrosive to steel. Different kinds of steel should be stacked separately to prevent confusion and prevent contact corrosion
3) large section steel, rail, steel plate, large diameter steel pipe, forgings can be stacked in the open air
4) small and medium-sized steel, wire rod, steel bar, medium diameter steel pipe, steel wire and wire rope, etc., can be stored in a well-ventilated material shed, but must mat
5) Some small steel, thin steel plate, steel strip, silicon steel sheet, small diameter or thin wall steel pipe, all kinds of cold rolled, cold drawn steel pipe and metal products with high price and easy corrosion can be stored and put into storage
6) The warehouse should be selected according to the geographical conditions. Generally, the ordinary closed warehouse is used, that is, the roof is surrounded by walls, the doors and Windows are tight, and the warehouse is equipped with ventilation devices
7) The warehouse is required to pay attention to ventilation in sunny days, pay attention to moisture proof in rainy days, and always maintain a suitable storage environment
2, reasonable stacking, first in first
1) The principle of stacking requirements are stable in the palletizing, ensure safety conditions, do according to varieties, specifications of palletizing, different varieties of materials to be palletizing, prevent confusion and mutual corrosion
2) It is forbidden to store items with corrosive effect on steel near the stacking position
3) The bottom of the stack should be high, firm and smooth to prevent moisture or deformation of the material
4) The same materials are stacked separately according to the warehousing sequence, which is convenient to implement the principle of first in, first out
5) the steel pipe stacked in the open air must have wood MATS or strips of stone below, and the stacking surface is slightly inclined to facilitate drainage, and pay attention to the placement of materials to prevent bending and deformation
6) The stacking height shall not exceed 1.2m for manual operation, 1.5m for mechanical operation, and 2.5m for stacking width
7) There should be a certain channel between the stack and the stack. The check channel is generally O.5M, and the access channel depends on the size of the material and the transport machinery, generally 1.5 ~ 2.OM
8) The bottom of the stack is high. If the warehouse is on the cement floor in the morning sun, it can be 0.1m high. If the floor is muddy, it must be raised by O. 2 ~ 0.5m. If it is an open field, the cement floor pad high O·3 ~ O·5m, the sand and mud surface pad high 0.5 ~ O. 7m9) open-air stacking Angle steel and channel steel should be placed above, that is, the mouth is down, I-beam steel should be placed vertically, I groove surface of steel can not face up, so as to avoid water rust.
Read more : Difference between seamless pipe and welded pipe