What is thick-walled seamless square tube?
Thick-walled seamless square tube is a square tube
with four corners. It is a square steel tube formed by cold drawing and extrusion of seamless steel pipe
. In addition to thickening the wall thickness of hot-rolled extra thick-walled square tubes, its corner dimensions and edge straightness have reached or even exceeded the level of resistance welded cold-formed square tubes. Thick-walled seamless square tubes are used in construction, machinery manufacturing, steel structure engineering, shipbuilding, solar power generation brackets, steel structure engineering, power engineering, power plants, agricultural chemical machinery, glass curtain walls, automobile chassis, airports, boiler construction, ETC.
In addition to thicker wall thickness, the corner size and edge straightness of thick-walled seamless square tubes have reached or even exceeded the level of resistance welded cold-formed square tubes. The size of the R angle is generally 2 to 3 times the wall thickness. According to the needs of customers, we can also produce R-angle square tubes of the size required by customers;
Performance characteristics of thick-walled seamless square and rectangular tubes
1. The structure is light in weight and reinforced concrete is light in weight, which reduces the net weight of the structure and reduces the work done inside the structure.
2. The construction structure can be of low specification, the construction weight is light, the project cost is reduced, and the reasonable total working area of the construction site can be filled. Depending on the construction method of the project, 4-6% of the reasonable total working area can be filled.
3. The structure of thick-walled seamless square tube has high stability. The steel frame structure based on hot-rolled thick-walled seamless square tubes has the characteristics of reasonable configuration, good plastic deformation and softness, and high structural reliability. It is suitable for building structures with high vibration and high intrusion load, can withstand flood disasters, and is very suitable for some engineering building structures with multiple earthquake fault zones.
Weight calculation formula for thick-walled seamless square and rectangular tubes
Thick-walled square tube weight = 4*wall thickness*(side length-wall thickness)*7.85
The general difference between seamless square tube and welded square tube
1. Welded square pipe is a hollow square section steel square pipe, also known as hollow cold-formed steel. It is a section steel with a square cross-section shape and size made of hot-rolled or cold-rolled strip or coil as a blank, cold-bent, and then high-frequency welded.
2. Seamless square tube is a long steel material with a hollow section and no seams around it. It is a square tube formed by extruding seamless tube through the four sides of the mold. Seamless square and rectangular tubes have hollow sections and are widely used in liquid transportation, hydraulic supports, mechanical structures, medium, low and high pressure boiler tubes, heat exchange tubes, gas, petroleum and other industries. It is stronger than welded and will not break.